I’m writing this amidst a whole lot of work and a little bit of partying. It was my birthday yesterday and far from having some grand extravaganza, I was traveling from Pune to Mumbai as the clock struck 12. Yesterday was all about work, just like it has been for the last 3-4 years… and in my mind, that’s a good thing. I’ve never really been too big on my own birthday. Even in college I’d never put much thought into it. It’s not that I’m not excited about the day like everyone else, it’s just that I don’t have the patience to make arrangements for any sort of party. Fortunately, my friends and family have been nice enough to surprise me every now and then by doing something special… even this time. I’m lucky enough to have met my mom, dad and a couple of very close friends amidst all the work.

However, my birthday wasn’t all dry! I was partying at the Sunburn Festival in Pune on Sunday, grooving to the beats of good friend Nikhil Chinnappa and a host of international DJs.

And now for that magic number — I turned 26 yesterday. The most obvious question is… how has the past year been for me? To begin with, there has been a shift in my image; there’s a certain amount of seriousness that’s come in and, in my opinion, it’s something one has to learn to balance without compromising on the fun aspect of life. From being a biker boy, I’ve grown into having the ‘youth-icon’ tag being attached to my name… it feels great to be someone the youth look up to and I constantly try to live up to that image. Another important milestone in the past year has been taking up writing… taking up the pen as a columnist has been an achievement my father and grandfather really respect and hold in high regard. The past year has been hectic, a lot of work and even more traveling — but I have no complaints. I’m looking forward to more of the same for the next 3-4 years. Maybe then, I can throw myself a grand party when I turn 30!

Share this:
Spread the word, using :
Share/Save/Bookmark
Bookmark These:

Subscribe Using These:
Subscribe

0 comments

Post a Comment